Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Who needs a stair-stepper?

After several days of rain and drizzle the sun came out and it was beautiful. We went for a walk in the surrounding neighborhood. There were several things I found interesting. First, since Sao Paulo is built on hills there are a lot of ups and downs.


The sidewalks are not at all even and you really have to watch where you are stepping.

Even tree roots grow out across the sidewalk.

The composition of the sidewalk varies from house to house. We have heard that each landowner is responsible for their walks, hence no uniform construction.
Security is a big deal here. I noticed this plant which is very common. I guess it is a deterrent to keep intruders out. I would not want to tangle with it. I have seen it from a small shrub to a tall wall.

Cars are parked behind locked gates. What do you do if your car is bigger than the carport? Make a gate that goes out and around the car. I thought it was a great idea.
It was a beautiful day and a great walk.


1 comment: