Sunday, December 20, 2009

Stash Report: Week 51


Fabric purchased this week: 2.5 yds 
Fabric purchased YTD: 92.75 yds

Fabric used this week: 0 yds
Fabric used YTD: 186.75 yds

Total fabric blown out of here: + 94 yds

I have figured out how I am going to  make my Christmas Trees quilt and realized that I needed more background yardage. When I went back to the store they had just the amount I needed on the bolt. How often does that happen? Usually it is just under what is needed. I know I will add more yardage before the year is out. While visiting with the clerk she indicated all  Christmas fabric was going to be 50% off just after Christmas. They have some wonderful yardage that I want to use as the backing for the tree quilt. But I am really on the plus side for fabric usage.

If you want to see how others are doing check out Judy's blog.

I don't anticipate getting much sewing done in the coming week. I did get Almond Toffee and some Caramels made yesterday. I have a few more presents to pick up tomorrow then I need to think about the real food. Sometimes I wonder if all the work is worth it but I keep reminding myself that if I don't make it special it won't be special.

Have a great week and I really hope you get some happy stitching in.

3 comments:

  1. Don't do it! That is buy more than what you actually need just because it's on sale. If I say this enough times, I'll really believe it. Right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a great year with your stashbusting. Thanks so much for playing along with the stash reports. I doubt I get much sewing done next week either but look out come January 1! :)

    Those after Christmas sales may be real hard to resist. 50% off is like money in the bank though -- don't blame you one bit for stocking up if you can get some you love.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take the holdays easy--we remember the good times, the laughter.

    ReplyDelete