Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sometimes a girl just needs to sew



I have spent the last several days prepping the applique pieces. I do the spray starch method and then sew them down by machine. I admit it, I have a personal relationship with my machine. When we don't get to spend anytime together I get cranky, very cranky. I really think my Bernina 1230 is my BFF. She has never done my wrong. Just some dusting, oiling and she keeps humming along. Today I hit my limit. I needed some sewing time. So I sat down and started piecing on the sashing. I need 105 of the square in a square. I figure that if I do 10 a day when I am finished with the applique the sashing will be ready. I now have 20 done.

The other great news is that I finished all of the applique prep....except for the border but that can wait awhile. I was able to glue up one block. I didn't sew any on it but I did eight of the flowers that have multiple circles on them. I have another set of eight to do and then the four center  flowers. Then I will start sewing on the block. Boy it sure did feel good to have some one on one time with my sewing machine. Ahhhhhhhh.



1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful block! I can't wait to see the others.

    ReplyDelete