Monday, April 30, 2012

What a difference a week makes.

This past week was a great improvement over the week before.

For those who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I want to explain that we believe in living prophets and apostles. The heavens are not sealed and we receive revelation from God. On Monday one of those twelve apostles spoke to a group of people who are responsible for the affairs of the church in Brazil. We were invited to attend also. Jeffery R. Holland came and addressed us. It was a great meeting. He talked about the growth of the church and our responsibilities.
(I did not take this picture. It is from a Church News file.)

After the meeting 5 couples, including us, went out to dinner. We went to a pizza place that is unlike any other pizza place I have been. If you have been to a Brazilian churrasqueira (think Rodisio's or Tucano's) you will get the concept. They have a buffet with salads, rice, beans, etc. Then when you are seated at your table they bring around all kinds of pizza and you choose if you want that kind or not. The pizza crust is thin and crispy and the toppings were creative. I liked most every kind I tried except for the tuna. If I had know it was tuna I would not of tried it. After the main course pizzas they bring out the dessert pizzas. Those were pretty tasty too. The food was good but the company was even better. It was a most delightful evening.

My week at the temple went much better than the week before. It seems the word has gone out that I can do stuff and they put me to work. My language skills are improving, not a lot by any means but still improving. I am able to communicate a little more and I have taken on the challenge to initiate a conversation. Many are willing to try to understand what the heck I am saying. Sometimes I even wonder what the heck I am saying. I am constantly being tripped up by the feminine or masculine form of a word. How is a pen feminine and a pencil masculine?

All in all life is good and going well. I hope the same is happening in your life. 


1 comment: