Monday, April 16, 2012

The apartment

I am so blessed that often I feel guilty. When my parents went on their second mission there was a glitch and no one met them at the airport in Monte Video. When they received their assignment they had to go find a place to live and then gather stuff. We arrived, were met and given an apartment that has about everything we need. We even have the internet connection provided. Our electricity is 120 so all of our electronics do not need converters. 

Our apartment is about 500 sq. feet and has four rooms. A kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom.
When you come through the door you walk right into the kitchen and look directly into the living room. Yes, that is a TV. Senior couples have a lot more leeway than the young missionaries.

Our kitchen does not have an oven but we do have a toaster oven. That should make for some interesting baking. I need to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius. We have lovely granite counter tops.
 
This is all the stuff that was here. A new blender, citrus juicer, pots and pans, knives, silverware, dishes, cooking utensils, a cutting board, etc. All of it is new. A lot of money was spent to make us comfortable.

Back to the tour. This is our bedroom. After we unpacked our bags we still have empty shelves. That makes me happy. There were new sheets, bedspread, mattress pad, and towels provided. Our one challenge is that the closets are not that tall. Our coats do not fit. We are going to look for one of the door hangers that we can put our coats on.

The bathroom is all tiled. Actually all the floors in the apartment are tiled but the bathroom has tiled walls too. Most Brazilian homes only have hot water in the shower with an electric instantaneous shower head. We have hot and cold water available in the kitchen, bathroom sink and shower. That is very uncommon.

As you can see we will not be roughing it all. I have to share this last picture. It made me laugh. I noticed that I had a self portrait going on in a reflection on the microwave. I didn't notice it until I was editing the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment