Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stash Report - July 18, '10

Fabric in this week:     13.5 yd.
Fabric in YTD:     75.5 yds.

Fabric out this week:      1.25 yds.
Fabric out YTD:      79 yds.

Stash busted:   3.5 yds.

If you would like to see how others are doing check out Judy's blog.
What can I say? I did not hang tough this week. I don't have a dog or cat I can blame it on. I can't even blame it on my kids. Would you believe my DH did it? Didn't think so. But honestly, I did look in my stash first and there is nothing there that would work. Although I can still say I am in the black.....not a lot, but still there.
I bought all the fabric (except for the backing) for my next pieced/appliqued quilt. It is called Baskets of Yo Yos and I heart it a lot. Here is a picture of most of it. A few of the fabrics were left out of the picture. 

The white with blue polka dots will be the background. The large blue is for the borders. The two darker greens just above the blue will be the vines and leaves. The rest will be baskets, yo-yos, and the chain blocks. 
I can't start cutting it out until I finish sewing the circles on my DWR. Speaking of which I finished 60 arcs this week and have only 60 arcs to go. I also put together a few more melon shapes. Dang! It is really looking good. This will not be a fast piecing quilt.  I know I am in for the long haul but I believe it will be worth it when it is done.

I hope you have a great week of sewing and creating. If you bust some stash that is even better.

5 comments:

  1. pretty fabrics. I know what you mean about trying to use from your stash. I am trying to do a bunch of scrappy thing to use up what I have but I never seem to have anythng to work for borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is going to be really pretty! Enjoy and don't let the stash guilt eat you up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure will have a pretty quilt when you are finished. It will be worth the splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you have buy fabrics!! I don't have any large pieces to speak of so this spring and summer I have bought a few 1 yard pieces. I love that pattern and think your fabrics chosen are great!! I think my stash is nearly busted and I am going to sort out the small pieces to reduce it even further.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fabric choices. Sometimes you just have to buy everything new to make it work.

    ReplyDelete