Sunday, June 27, 2010

Stash Report - June 27, '10

Fabric in this week:     1 yd.
Fabric in YTD:     58 yds.

Fabric out this week:      0 yds.
Fabric out YTD:      66.5 yds.

Stash busted:   8.5 yds.

If you would like to see how others are doing check out Judy's blog.
I am back home after spending about five days in Mesa, AZ. We kept saying that when it hit 110 degrees we would go home. Well, it did and we did. Actually that is when we were thinking about going anyway. Nothing like visiting the Valley of the Sun in June. I really did have a lovely visit with my parents.
While there I got a start on the jelly roll quilt (Merry-Go-Round). I was able to get all the strips sewn together and then cut into wedges. I didn't sew the wedges together because I didn't want that part of the piecing done on two different machines. I have since sewn 18 "plates" together. 36 left to go. While hitting several quilt shops I found the fabric I will need for a binding so I picked up a yard of that. 

On the shop hop my DD bought a pattern by Heather Bailey for little elephant pin cushions. While in AZ I put together one for her and one for my mom. They still need eyes but other wise I think they turned out very well. I don't want to make any more but I wasn't too terrible.

I hope you have a great week busting that stash. Try to stay out of the heat.

1 comment:

  1. the elephants are darling. Fiddley-but darling! I have been looking at the merry go round pattern. I keep muttering, "you have to work on your other projects"!

    ReplyDelete