Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stash Report - June 13, '10

Fabric in this week:     0 yd.
Fabric in YTD:     50.75 yds.

Fabric out this week:      1.25 yds.
Fabric out YTD:      66.5 yds.

Stash busted:   15.75 yds.

If you would like to see how others are doing check out Judy's blog.
 
Last week was a three day retreat to a different cabin in Sundance. The cabin is owned by a member of my quilting group. It has been under renovation for several years and it is finally done. We were able to break it in and hopefully we will be able to go back often. Sundance is only 15 miles from home but it is cooler than the valley. It is a ski resort in the winter and a hiking/biking resort in the summer. 

I finished the basting and pressing of my circles (yea!) and I started sewing the little beasties down. I had the circles separated by color and had the containers all lined up. My quilt buds thought it looked like a candy shop. I sewed six circles on each arc. I finished 130 arcs this week for a total of 780 circles sewn down. I figure that those 780 circles equal 1.25 yds. So that is what I counted this week.

Here is a picture of the view from my machine straight out.

This view is from the view to my left.

Behind me was the ironing center and the cutting center which also served as the kitchen. The lady ironing is the owner of the cabin. Note the goodies on the cutting counter. We did not suffer for want of snacks.

This is a view from the upstairs landing. We were able to easily fit 8 of us in the great room.

I will continue to work on sewing down circles. I have 192 arcs left to do. That should keep me out of trouble......Oh, wait a minute. This week is the annual shop hop and I have committed to go. I have managed to avoid it in the past but I got roped into going. I plan on being strong but we shall see. 

Happy quilting everyone!

1 comment:

  1. That is alot of circles sewn down. I really want to see those arcs too.

    ReplyDelete