Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stash Report - May 9, '10

Fabric in this week:      1 yd.
Fabric in YTD:     41.5 yds.

Fabric out this week:      8 yds.
Fabric out YTD:      47.75 yds.

Stash busted:   6.25 yds.

If you would like to see how others are doing check out Judy's blog.
 
Well I managed to get some sewing done this week. Not a whole lot but some. Last week I mentioned I would be sewing up a back and using 9 yards. I bought the backing last September. When I sat down and ran the numbers I figured I really needed 8 yards. When I measured the fabric I found I only had 7. Oops. Since this is a gift for my son and his wife (their wedding quilt that is 19 months late....oops again) I decided that just sticking something else in would not be the thing to do. I went online and found just what I needed and ordered a yard. It was delivered Thursday and I sewed the backing up Friday evening and got the quilt on the frame. Here is a peek.
I had a great time at the quilt show. I took a bunch of classes, enjoyed the quilts on display and wandered the vendors mall. Lots of pretty stuff and neat stuff but I have come to the conclusion that I already have it all. Or all that I need. I did not buy any fabric, thread, or tools. I bought a bottle of machine oil (how exciting is that?), a Christmas wall hanging pattern (my dd who LOVES Christmas made me) and three pantographs. I also bought 14 of ______________ for my gift to my quilting bee friends next Christmas. I would tell but I think one or two may read my blog.

As far as circles go I was able to get 200 pressed while visiting my MIL yesterday afternoon. That puts me at half way. Woohoo! Only 1,000 more to go. I hope to get more done this week. Maybe I will even do some applique but that will involve changing the thread on the sewing machine. You know I have timed how long it really takes to make the change (less than a minute) but it still is such a deterrent to switching projects. How hard is it really?

I hope you all have a great sewing week.

3 comments:

  1. Love the look of the quilt on the frame, so many nice and bright colors.

    kathie L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking foward to seeing the whole quilt. The part that I can see looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt on your machine. The black makes the colours just pop right out. I'm sure it will be a much loved quilt.

    ReplyDelete