Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stash Report - May 30, '10

Fabric in this week:     0 yd.
Fabric in YTD:     50.75 yds.

Fabric out this week:      9.5 yds.
Fabric out YTD:      58 yds.

Stash busted:   7.25 yds.

If you would like to see how others are doing check out Judy's blog.
This was a great week. I was able to get my large Jelly Girl put all together. I started on Monday and finished it on Saturday. Yea me! I am back in the black. Next week will be pretty good too because I sewed up the backing and have the quilt on the frame. When I get the top quilted I will count the backing. 
Not a lot done on the double wedding ring quilt. I think the total for the last two weeks is 200 circles basted and 350 circles starched and pressed. I am going to make that quilt my focus for June. 

I also did some sewing that was above and beyond the call of duty. I altered the length of two pairs of dress slacks for my DS. He is headed off to Washington DC for a summer internship screening on Monday. I used to do a lot of clothing construction but not any more. Getting the hems sewn was almost more than I could stand but I persevered and they are finished. Yea! Too bad that won't make any difference in my stash report. 

I hope everyone has a great Memorial day celebration. I hope it warms up so we can grill. Last Monday we had snow. Crazy. I also hope I can sneak off and do some quilting. Will you?

3 comments:

  1. Nice busting! And the jelly girl quilt on the machine looks great. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! The Jelly Girl quilt looks beautiful. I can hardly wait to see it in its entirety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your work on the DWR. And I like that quilt on the machine. Clothing--I decided I might HEM or possibly PATCH, but I don't sew anything that isn't flat anymore. (Well, I try to get my quilts flat!) anytime the stash is break even or better, that's a good week.

    ReplyDelete