Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stash Report - Feb. 7, '10

Fabric in this week: 2.5 yds.
Fabric in YTD: 10 yds.

Fabric out this week: 2.5 yds.
Fabric out YTD: 10 yds.

Stash busted: 0
If you would like to see how others are doing on their stash check out Judy's blog. It is great fun.
I was able to finish the Grandmother's Diamond Ring top. But to do so I had to buy 2.5 yards for the borders and the binding. I used the fabric for the borders and I cut and sewed up the binding. So fabric in equals fabric out. So far I haven't busted any stash but I haven't added to it either. I did sew the backing for this quilt together but I am not going to count it until I have the quilt quilted. A little incentive there. The color is a little washed out in the picture. I was shooting with the sun peeking around the house. There also was a slight breeze so the quilt is not flat.
I also finished another one of my mother's quilts. It looks quite good far away, but there are a bunch of pleats and tucks on this puppy. My mom's enthusiasm far out distances her accuracy, but hey, she has fun. She believes that magenta is a neutral. I just did a panto over the whole thing.

I have my Flowers Forever back on the machine and am almost done with all the background fill. My goal is to have that quilt completely finished by next week. Stay tuned and see if I make it.

I hope you have a very productive week....and have fun while doing it.

10 comments:

  1. Those are great quilts! Good finishes for you and for Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grandmothers quilt is beautiful, I have never seen that pattern before.

    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both wonderful quilts, Penny! I love your mom's magenta neutrals -- that is real artistic vision, I'd say! Your quilt is really lovely, too. What a great week you've had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "Grandmother's Diamond Ring" top is beautiful. I really like how the blue border works with the other colors. I've never seen that pattern before. Thanks for posting the link to the pattern book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandmother's Diamond Ring is fabulous. I love your mom's quilt and her attitude. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The diamond wedding ring is beautiful. I'm with your mother, sometimes magenta IS a neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those quilts are total opposites but both beautiful! The Grandmother's Diamond Ring is just lovely! I love all those 60 degree pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anytime that you can add and subtract the same fabric in one week is wonderful!

    I agree with your mother. . .it IS a neutral.

    Both quilts are wonderful --- congratulations to both of you for the finishes.

    ReplyDelete