Monday, June 27, 2011

I Heart This Quilt

Lately I have been doing more quilting than piecing. Most of the quilts are for others. I have quilted up a lot of charity quilts. With all the disasters in the world they are especially needed. One of the quilts I quilted for hire was for a friend. I really do like this quilt. This is the second one she has made. The first one ended up with her daughter. Ah, the things we do for love.

I love the fabric she used. As I quilted along I would spot fabrics that are in my stash too.

The more I quilted the more I fell in love with this pattern. It is from the Jan./Feb. 2001 issue of Fons and Porter's For the Love of Quilting magazine. The pattern is named Turning Circles into Stars. I have saved the pattern myself but have never got around to making it. I just might  have to put this on my to do list.

I quilted spirals in the circles and curling C's in the background. Around the stars I did stitch in the ditch.

Yup, I heart this quilt.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great quilt...I looks a bit intimidating for me...but, maybe...the scrappy look is soft...which, I like...not crazeee BZ or crazeee bold.. =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete