Sunday, November 28, 2010

Stash Report - Nov. 28, '10

Fabric in this week:     1.25 yd.
Fabric in YTD:     124.5 yds.

Fabric out this week:   4.25 yds.
Fabric out YTD:      121 yds.

Stash busted:   -3.5 yds.

If you would like to see how others are doing check out Judy's blog.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving (those in the U.S.) with lots of food, family and fun. Mine was very nice. It was the usual and that is a good thing.

I was able to get most of one pink quilt put together. It still needs the border but I am going to have to purchase yardage for that. It is supposed to hit the stores this week. That was the 4 1/2 yards busted. The pattern is Ashcombe from Miss Rosies Quilt Company.
Saturday I went with DD#1 to a cross-stitch store and we stopped in at a quilt store on the way. I admit it. I was weak. I saw the Wild Thing pattern by Thimble Blossoms and the Bliss charm packs and I was a goner. I bought the pattern and two charm packs. That is my 1 1/4 yards in. This will be a quickie. Maybe I can get it put together this week. I need to figure out what background fabric to use. My Kona Snow is too light and my muslin is too yellow. Oh no! I might have to go to the fabric store. I really want to end the year in the black. If I don't do better I may borrow a page from Vicky and have a give away. Stay tuned for more info on that.

Speaking of being tempted have you seen Charlevoix by Minick and Simpson? Oh my gosh. I want that. The good news is that it won't be available until January.....that means next years stash report. 

I have been quilting on this Christmas quilt for hire. The owner (JB) is making a queen sized Christmas quilt for each of her five children. She is making them from her stash. So many of the fabrics she has used I have in my stash. I feel like I am quilting one of my quilts. I should finish this tomorrow.
One month to go before the end of the year. I need to sew more and buy less. I know, I know, I have said that before. I have found that when I quilt for others I can't sew for me. (duh)  I have decided that when I quilt  for others I have more money for more fabric. Seems like a good idea to me. (VBG) Have a great week.

9 comments:

  1. Love the pink quilt, good luck getting the Christmas ones done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeouse quilt. I really like the pink and green colors.

    I'm on the NO FABRIC wagon until the end of the year. You are so close to break even and that's good right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eyeing that pattern! I love your quilt! Just might have to consider it for the Bliss I have here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty quilt - it looks like it would be a fun one to do to use up some scraps..hmm another one goes on the list. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very pretty quilt. I wonder how it would look in darker colours. Hmm..... Good luck staying out of the fabric stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so close and yet so far! Even with that fabric purchase, you will get to the black. Just remember purchase with a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't blame you on your purchases - the pattern is great and I just love that Bliss - it is on my Christmas list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. everything's a trade off dang it! Quilt for others to have money to buy fabric but no time to sew it.

    ReplyDelete