Sunday, October 3, 2010

Stash Report - Oct. 3, '10

Fabric in this week:     0 yd.
Fabric in YTD:     97.25 yds.

Fabric out this week:     0 yds.
Fabric out YTD:      103 yds.

Stash busted:   5.75 yds.

If you would like to see how others are doing check out Judy's blog.
I can not believe it is October already and Christmas is less than three months away. Where did the time go? This last week was a great one but it went by too fast. I was at my semi-annual quilt retreat. Lots of sewing was accomplished but nothing finished. I made all 35 of the connector blocks and all 24 basket tops. Now I need to do some applique before I can finish sewing the basket blocks. This will involve some 1/8" vines and circles. More circles, but this time there are a lot less than the DWR. I also sewed up 8 string blocks. I have a box with left over strips and I want to get those used up. All in all it was a great retreat.

Yesterday I decided I wanted to make caramel apples, with the caramel made from scratch. I don't think I will ever do that again. But maybe I will forget how long it took to cook the caramel and the feeling of fall will overtake me again. Who knows. Anyway that are absolutely delicious. I got the recipe from Pots and Pins. I have got to stay away from there. First Pink Lemonade cupcakes, now Caramel Apples. Sheesh. The white stuff is white chocolate drizzled over them. So very Martha-ish. LOL.

5 comments:

  1. Once your tops/ quilts are finished you will have a major stash bust number! Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apples look gooood. Lots of work but so gooood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... I won't go look so I'm not tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marthaish--I love it! looks like did a lot of sewing at retreat.

    ReplyDelete