Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stash Report Jan. 10. '10

It is deja vu all over again. Nothing in and nothing out. I did get the second charity quilt quilted this week.


I did some sewing on the Grandmother's diamond ring.


92 of unit A and 92 of unit B. It sure doesn't look like much.

Yesterday I went to Joann's with my DD. She does counted cross-stitch and has made 4 stockings that need to be assembled. We found some beautiful velveteen. While waiting for our number to be called to get the stuff cut I was browsing in the books (that were 40% off). I don't buy many books but I was killing time. When lo and behold this one caught my eye. I LOVE the quilt on the cover. I think this one may make it onto my to do list. I will have to think about it but I have already figured out how much pink is required for the size I want to do. I have the light background and all the prints in my stash. This is incentive to get the Grandmother's Diamond Ring finished and fast.

I am going to put the Flowers Forever on my machine and start working on that tomorrow. The backing will use about 7 or 8 yards, so next week I should have some fabric usage to report.....and maybe some pink will have been added. ;o)

If you would like to see how others are doing with their stash reduction check out Judy's blog. You might also learn about chickens.

9 comments:

  1. Penny. You must love 1930s as much as I do, lol. I have TONS of reproduction fabric and I've made LOTS of quilts with it. I could STILL make LOTS of quilts and not run out, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, those are lots of little pieces! I will be watching to see how it goes for you. And my absolute favorite panto is Fantasia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your charity quilt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your charity quilt, it's very striking. At least you are maintaining, not like someone else I could mention with the stash gains. (red faced here, but happy!) LOL
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never seen that pattern for Grandmother's Diamond Ring before,(or even knew that such a pattern existed!) so thanks very much for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job - you didn't add to the stash. I love Joann's. They do have a good book selection on quilting. We don't have one where I live but about an hour away. I usually try to get over there about once a month. They always have a good coupon on the back of their flyer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the charity quilt! Great job on the stashbusting this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors in your charity quilt. It's like looking at a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your charity quilt too. I never heard of that grandmother's pattern but look forward to seeing it. I'm hoping to have some stashed used up this coming week.

    ReplyDelete